Study of Medicine & Surgery or Nursing is most sought after career with students across the world. Medicine is a very time-intensive degree and one that will increasingly be a huge financial ask for students. Medicine isn’t quite like other degrees, so forget two hours of contact time per week and one essay per term. Learning begins at the atomic level. Students willing to opt for medicals must be academically able with a natural aptitude for science and a strong interest in human affairs, a concern for the welfare of others, a flair for communication and the desire to make a real difference to the society.
Entry Requirement for Medicine & Surgery
Admissions into a medical programs require an entry test generally conducted by the Medical & Dental Council plus an extremely good senior high school grades with science background.
Entry Requirements for Nursing
- Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examination (SSSCE): with an aggregate score of twenty-four (24) or better in six (6) subjects comprising: A – D in all three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and at least passes i.e. (A – D) in three (3) elective subjects.
- West African Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examination (WASSCE): with an aggregate score of 36 or better in six (6) subjects comprising: A1 – C6 in all three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and at least passes in three (3) elective subjects.
- Foreign Students Requirements: foreign students must have their result slips translated into English. In addition, applicants must be able to speak and write in English.
- Other Entry Qualiﬁcations for Admissions: Candidates with the Diploma In Registered Nursing (RN) from recognized institutions may apply. Such candidates may transfer credits from their previous course of studies, with appropriate recommendations and references. Applicants with State Registered Nurses’ (SRN) qualiﬁcation from recognized health institutions and with a minimum of 3 years of practice.
- All applicants to the School of Applied Sciences will be interviewed.
Some of the private institutions offering medicine programs in Ghana are:
- Accra College of Medicine
- Family Health Medical School
More Details: Click on Link below
Your Expert Counsellor Admission Buddy For more discussion you can e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org